August 22nd, 2013
Let me start by welcoming you to this site. This site is the continuation and expansion of Anglican Books Revitalized which has served as an important resource for the Anglican Community for many years.
The only major change to the organization of the original files is that the “Oldies” section is now called “Anglican” and the subsection of that formerly called “Beliefs” is now titled “Miscellany”. Sections that have been added are the “Cranmer Theological House (CTH) Resources” and “Non-Anglican Works”. These are actually related.
There are several items on the slate for work over the next few months include:
- General Clean-up- There are still some lingering issues that need work on the site in the area of aesthetics, the links page in particular.
- CTH Resources- Have you ever had a teacher in a class list several books that are beneficial for you to read that are not listed as required texts? If so then you already have a general idea what this section is about. This section will hold the recommended and sometimes formerly required texts for the courses at Cranmer Theological House, a seminary of the Reformed Episcopal Church. The resources will be organized by course. Here we seek to provide, where possible, free access to those texts which are freely available by either hosting them here or linking to other sites if we are not able to host them here. For those resources which are offered at charge, we will attempt to link to a provider where the student can acquire them at the going rate. In those cases our default preference will be Amazon using the CTH affiliate number so that the seminary will financially benefit from those specific purchases.
- Non-Anglican Works- Since all of the works recommended at Cranmer Theological House do not all derive from the Anglican tradition it is necessary to add a section in which to house them. These are to be organized by CTH course.
- Original HTML documents- You may notice that the original HTML documents are fluid and span the width of your window. As too large a width in a document degrades its readability over time, the original documents generated in Word and Front Page will be brought into the boundaries of the site style so that the width of the reading area can be reduced. At the moment the only option for making a narrower column is to re-size the browser window.
- New Formats- given the vast array of devises in use today and one no real set standard, resouces at New Scriptorium willl eventually, where able, be offered in a multitude of formats so that the user can grab whichever format or formats best suits his situation. These formats initially will include:
- PDF- Although not a new format per se since some of our documents are already offered in PDF format, we will be adding a PDF option for existing HTML documents as time goes on.
- ePub- For those needing the ePub format (iBooks, Nook, etc.) we will be doing conversions to this format.
- Mobi- For those needing the Mobi format (Kindle) we will be doing conversions to this format.
- Read it here- As well as the above, we will be offering an option for reading the items on the site in an easy to read type maximized for readability with a sidebar navigation by chapter for each work.
As you can see there is much to do and it will take some time. If there is some resource which you have found valuable to you that you wish to see more available or just don’t want to see it consigned to the dustbin of history, contact me using the form here. Better yet if there is a work that you wish to supply we would appreciate the help in adding material to the site.
Enjoy the site.